Answered By: Sanya Baker Last Updated: 25 Jul, 2018 Views: 465
1. Use your browser of choice (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) to search AUT Library through Library Search.
2. Refine results (on the left of the results screen) by Source Types and tick ‘eBooks’. If you cannot see eBooks listed, click 'Show More'.
3. Click on the Online Access link under a book:
Note: If you're off-campus, you may be asked to enter your AUT network login now.
4. With most e-books you'll then see a page like this:
5. Click on the Full Download (or Chapter Download) button and you will be prompted to confirm the device you are using, ensure you have the required (free) software and select a loan period.
Note: If you are downloading Adobe Digital Editions, create a (free) Adobe ID so you can transfer your eBook access from one device to another.
Google Chrome: click on .acsm file on the lower left of the screen; the file will open in Adobe Digital Editions.
Firefox: prompts you to “open with” – choose Adobe Digital Editions.
Internet Explorer: prompts “Do you want to open?” .acsm file – click Open; the file will open in Adobe Digital Editions.
Most books with a download option can be opened in Adobe Digital Editions, although the steps to download might sometimes look a little different. Please contact us if you need help.